Hi there! So glad you found us! While you may have come here for our 7-day detox, we want to let you know that we have a brand new 5-day detox that has a customizable shopping list, new and improved recipes, is simpler than ever, and costs just $17! We have a feeling you’ll love it even more than our 7-day plan. Check out the 5-day here (or in the menu above)!
xo, Jen & Corinne
Doing a 7-Day Detox is a super way to de-gum your system, jumpstart your weight loss, clear your mind, get better rest, clear your pores, and feel excited about everyday chores. “Ooh, look at those scrubbing bubbles!” Can you imagine?
I’ve outlined a 7-Day Detox based on the one in SKINNY DISH!. Monday is usually a great day to start. Use the Comments section to ask questions and read about other Detoxers’ experiences as you cruise along. As a preview of the week to come, check out Jen is Green who blogged about her 7-day Detox experience, as well as Megha Shah Even’s recap.
And now! All the detox recipes are in 1 handy place! No more excuses!
NOTE: Pregnant and nursing women, children, and folks with chronic diseases can certainly consume a completely plant-based diet and include the foods indicated in a mild detox in their every day. But, they should only do frequent or regular detoxes with blessings from their doc. As with everyone detoxing, a daily multivitamin is recommended to ensure adequate intake of vitamin B12 and vitamin D. This detox is mild enough that simply adding a more substantial breakfast actually makes it a great long-term plant-based plan for most people.
One of the best ways to make the Detox transition much easier and friendly, is to follow the Detox Prep Guidelines. For 3 days leading up to the start of the Detox (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday in this case), do the following:
• Phase out caffeine
• Limit portions of meat, dairy, eggs, gluten (wheat, barley, oats [unless they’re gluten-free oats]), and alcohol to no more than 1 serving of each per day
• Completely ditch processed sugar and refined carbohydrates (use agave nectar & stevia to sweeten foods)
• Increase your intake of vegetables and filtered water
• Clean off your appliances (blender/juicer) & take them out for a test drive
• Start the day with a large glass of filtered water with lemon or cucumber slices (in the water, for an extra fresh taste). Add a dash of cayenne for an extra kick in the pants.
• Consume only liquids (green juices, non-dairy smoothies, herbal tea, filtered water) and raw fruits and veggies until noon every day.
• Drink tons of filtered water throughout the day, at least half your body weight in ounces (150 lbs: drink 75 oz. water). No sense in detoxing if the crud can’t ride the river out.
• Eat lots of raw fruits and veggies, preferably organic. The more the better. Allow some raw nuts and seeds (about ½ cup each day) and cooked whole grains (about 2 cups total) spread out throughout the afternoon, but avoid gluten (wheat, barley, and gluten-containing oats) completely.
• About 80% of your diet should be comprised of raw foods, and 20% can be cooked grains, beans, and vegetables.
• Include a daily multivitamin to ensure adequate vitamin B12 and vitamin D intake.
• Avoid all dairy products, meats, fish, sugar, gluten, alcohol, and caffeine.
• Add more green juices and raw foods as needed for energy. Larger servings of grains and nuts can also be added for more fuel if needed.
• Substitute different nuts, seeds, or legumes for allergenic foods.
• Expect a mild headache for the first couple days. But, if you feel extra crummy (beyond headachy), add larger servings of foods within the guidelines or stop the detox and begin again once you’ve done a few more days of Detox Preparation.
Excited? Gather up those reusable shopping bags, here’s the Shopping List for all 7 days, and the MENUS:
Now you’re ready! Good luck! 🙂