Need something but don’t want to totally blow it? Here are 50 sweet and salty snack ideas adapted from and added to a list on Greatist.com. These little minis just might take the edge off until the next meal.
- Larabar or Pure Energy Organic bar of choice: Half the bar, or 1 Larabar mini-bar
- Grapes: 1 cup, fresh or frozen. Freezing makes you eat them more slowly
- Chocolate Banana: 1/2 frozen banana dipped in 1 square melted dark chocolate
- Latte Love: 8 ounces steamed vanilla almond milk with 1 shot espresso
- PB Apple: 1 small organic gala apple, sliced and dipped in 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- Shredded Frosted Mini Wheats: 20 of ’em
- Barbara’s Cinnamon Puffins cereal: 50 (a little less than 1 cup)
- Mini PB&F: One fig newton with 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- Spiced Orange: One orange— about the size of a tennis ball— sprinkled with cinnamon
- Grilled Pineapple: 2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled (or sautéed) for two minutes or until golden
- Berries n’ Cream: 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons non-dairy whipped topping
- Oats n’ Berries: ⅓ cup rolled oats (cooked with water), topped with cinnamon and ¼ cup fresh berries
- Dark Chocolate: One block, or three squares
- Chocolate Chia Pudding: 1/2 serving
- Nut-Stuffed Date: One Medjool Date filled with one teaspoon natural unsalted almond butter
- Cinnamon Applesauce: 1 cup unsweetened
- Grapefruit: 1 large, sprinkled with Truvia if needed
- Milk n’ Cookies: 6 animal crackers with ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- Shamrock Smoothie: 1 cup
- Jelly Beans: 25 of ‘em! Although reserved only for the worst sugar-craving moments
- Apple Chips: ¾ cup
- PB Graham: 1 large graham cracker smeared with 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- Just Mango: 1 oz dried mango snack bag from Just Tomatoes, etc!
- Clementines: THREE!
- Strawberries: 25 medium ones, sliced & sprinkled with Truvia for extra sweetness
- Trader Joe’s Mesquite Smoked Seasoned Almonds: 15
- Carrots n’ Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.
- Pistachios: A couple handfuls— about 25
- “Cheesy” Breaded Tomatoes: 3 roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
- Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato cooked for 6 minutes in the microwave, mashed with 1 teaspoon curry powder, & a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- “Cheesy” Popcorn: 2 cups air-popped popcorn with 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast— tastes like real cheese!
- Soy Edamame: 1/2 cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dijon Pretzels: 2 ½ pretzel rods with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kale Chips: 1 cup raw kale— stems removed— baked with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp
- Sweet Potato Fries: 1 medium sweet potato sliced, sprinkled with 1 tsp olive oil, & baked at 400° for 10 minutes
- Cucumber Sandwich: ½ English muffin with 2 tablespoons olive hummus & three slices of cucumber
- Mixed Olives: About 8
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds: 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) & baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with kosher salt
- Balsamic Veggies: 3 cups raw peppers (any color!) dipped in 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- Cucumber Salad: One large cucumber (sliced) with 2 tablespoons chopped red onion and 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- Crunchy Raw Kale Salad: 1 cup kale leaves chopped with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- TJ’s Roasted Seaweed Snack: 1 1/2 packages!
- Chick Pea Salad: 1/3 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans) with 1 tablespoon sliced scallions, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- Grilled Garlic Corn on the Cob: One small-sized ear brushed with 1 teaspoon sautéed minced garlic & 1 teaspoon olive oil, grilled until tender
- Chips n’ Salsa: 10 baked tortilla chips with ¼ cup salsa
- PB & Celery: 1 medium celery stalk with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Rice Cake & Almond Butter: 1 lightly salted rice cake with 2 teaspoons almond butter
- Old Bay Beans: 1/3 cup chick peas baked for 10 minutes at 350° with Old Bay Seasoning
- Goddess Veggies: Countless raw veggies dipped in 2 tablespoons Goddess Dressing
- Popchips: 1 snack-size bag of the plain potato variety
Cheers until the next feeding!
5 thoughts on “50 Sweet and Salty 100-Calorie Snacks”
I always love your ideas about snacks. Many of these are terrific ideas. Thanks alot for sharing them!
Thanks MR! 🙂 XOXO Jen
How can both OldBay chickpeas and the Chickpea salad have the same 100 calories when chickpea salad has double the amont of chickpeas plus other veggies?? Was thisa typo?? Thanks so much!
Thank you! Both should be 1/3 cup. Changing now! xoxo Jen