Packing a fun holiday lunchbox doesn’t have to add more than a few minutes into your lunch-packing process. Here’s how we created a spookier spin on a simple and healthyish Halloween lunch…
5 ways to create a fun and simple Halloween lunch!
- Spider sandwich: Add pretzel sticks as legs to a PBJ (or nut-free option)—we cut out the circle shape with a ball jar rim, but you could just use the rim of any cup or small bowl. Two raisins were stuck on using peanut-butter glue.
- Eyeball crackers: Use tahini, hummus, or guacamole to stick half an olive on a round cracker.
- Witch’s fingers: Put a dab of hummus on the end of 5 Peas Please or veggie straws.
- Apple mummy: Wrap an apple in gauze and tuck two googly eyes under a piece of the wrap.
- Pumpkin carrots: Slice two small, shallow wedges length-wise to create a “stem. Then slice the carrot stick to create individual “pumpkins”.
Extra treat: Wrap your kiddos favorite kind of lollipop in a tissue, tie it with a ribbon or string and draw the mouth and eyes with a marker.
Jen & Corinne